Thomson Road Reservoir, 1907
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.
Also known as the Impounding Reservoir, and later MacRitchie Reservoir, it was constructed through a generous donation by Chinese philanthropist, Tan Kim Seng, in 1857. The water intake tower and connecting bridge was a reflection of late 19th century technology and construction method, and has been identified as one of the landmarks to be conserved.